Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Annie Sloan workshop/Chicago weekend

I just had a fabulous weekend in Chicago! It started in Oakbrook with the Annie Sloan workshop. It was truly wonderful to hear her speak ( I'm a fool for a British accent). I enjoyed learning about the history of her company and what is yet to come. I really admire her as she is an artist and successful businesswoman all in one. It was a hands on workshop so it was fun to get a little messy.  I learned some new techniques that I hope to put into practice very soon. The most interesting thing was talking to others that do the same thing I do. It's always fun to look at others' work and to show pics of your own favorite projects. I left wanting to get to work! :)

After the workshop, we were off to downtown Chicago, the most wonderful city in the world. It was a privilege to stay at the Waldorf-Astoria (formerly known as The Elysian). We enjoyed dinner at Bistronomic with friends. Sunday was a day of shopping bliss! Monday morning I treated myself to a massage at the hotel, a tad more shopping, a nice lunch before heading home.

That was quite a weekend....still smilin'!

1 comment:

  1. Good day. I was impressed with your article. Keep it up . You can also visit my site if you have time. office furniture installation Chicago

    ReplyDelete